Build a Better Mousetrap is the fifteenth episode of Season 2 of the FOX sitcom Married... with Children, as well as the 28th overall episode in the series. Written by Michael G. Moye, Ron Leavitt and J. Stanford Parker, the episode was directed by Linda Day and premiered on FOX on January 24, 1988.
To be added.
- Ed O'Neill as Al Bundy
- Katey Sagal as Peggy Bundy
- Christina Applegate as Kelly Bundy
- David Faustino as Bud Bundy
- Amanda Bearse as Marcy Rhoades
- David Garrison as Steve Rhoades
- Buck the dog as Buck Bundy (uncredited)
- Patrick Thomas O'Brien as Wally (as Patrick T. O'Brien)
To be added.
- The episode title is influenced by the inventor's saying "Build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door".
- Bud reads a book called "Know Your Mouse" by Mike Semon. Michael Semon was the prop master of Sony Studios, where Married... with Children was filmed.
- Steve mentions how he finds it irritating when he is out driving with Marcy and she wants to ask for directions. In The Camping Show Marcy tells Peggy how she hates it when he refuses to ask for directions.
- Patrick Thomas O'Brian, who plays Wally, would later appear on MWC again as Bob Thompson, the owner of the Happy Soles Shoe Factory in Season 11's "Children of the Corns".
- During Al's plan on how to torture the mouse after defecating in his shoes, he says "And if there's one spark of life left in its twitching little body, I'll strap it to a chair, tape its eyelids open and make it watch 'Thirtysomething'!".
- Thirtysomething was an ABC television drama series that aired from 1987 to 1991. It was about the lives of several Baby Boomers, now in their 30s, as they deal with marriage, parenthood and careers during the 1980s.
- Peggy mentions Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner, a duo of cartoon characters from the Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies series. In each episode, the Coyote repeatedly attempts to catch and subsequently eat the Road Runner, a fast-running ground bird, but is never successful. Peggy also mentions a running gag which involves the Coyote falling from a high cliff and the Road Runner's signature sound "Beep, Beep".
- Bundy Living Room/Kitchen
- Al & Peggy's Bedroom
- Al sees the mouse in the hole in the wall. When he smacks at it with a hammer, he "hits" himself but it is obvious that he deliberately misses his hand. Also the sound when he hits is that of him hitting the wall and not flesh.
- Al smacks his left thumb with a hammer trying to hit the mouse but in the next scene Peg is bandaging his right thumb.
- Build a Better Mousetrap at the Internet Movie Database
- Build a Better Mousetrap on Bundyology
- Build a Better Mousetrap - Transcript on albundy.net
- #28 Build a Better Mousetrap - MWC Podcast on Horrorphilia