Elegant Al and "the crowded" in the episode "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?" in Season 5 of MWC.
|Season 5, Episode # 9 |
Number (#89) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Rhonda Shear|
|Taping date||November 9, 1990|
|Original airdate||November 18, 1990|
|IMDb||Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Wabbit Season"||"One Down, Two to Go"|
Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? was the ninth episode of the fifth season of Married... with Children, also the 89th overall episode in the series. Directed by Kevin Curran, the episode originally aired on FOX, premiering on November 18, 1990. The episode name references to a Rod Stewart song of the same name.
Al becomes obsessed with his appearance after the neighborhood women begin admiring his handyman skills - followed by his physique.
In this, the ninth episode of Season 5, Al gets in touch with first his inner hunk, and then his inner ladies' man, much to Peg's distress. The women of the neighborhood want him, and the contagion soon spreads, drawing beautiful creatures to the shoe store, alongside the more traditional clientele. When Al moves a sofa off a neighbor's lawn without a shirt on, he unexpectedly gains a reputation as a "stud" among the neighborhood women. Uplifted, he starts taking showers and wearing elegant clothes, and his performance at work improves dramatically, as does his popularity with the ladies. Needless to say, Peggy is both jealous and unsettled - her husband is acting very unlike-Al.
- Ed O'Neill as Al Bundy
- Katey Sagal as Peggy Bundy
- Amanda Bearse as Marcy Rhoades
- Christina Applegate as Kelly Bundy
- David Faustino as Bud Bundy
- Rhonda Shear as Brenda Kostrowski
- Teri Weigel as Jade
- Sherrie Rose as Mandi
- Lucy Filippone as Athena
- Rhonda Britten as Donna
- Buck as Buck the dog
- Peggy: Aw believe me Al, and I'm telling you this as your wife and as your friend. No one likes you.
- The title of this episode is a reference to the Rod Stewart song of the same name
- It is revealed that the house across from the Bundy Residence was occupied by the Thompson family until recently, when Brenda moved in.
- Peggy reveals that a garbageman tucked Kelly into her bed as a baby because Peggy wanted to watch her soap opera.
- Kelly reveals that Bud has a secret alias known as "Senior Pablo, U.N. Diplomat" and uses Al's credit card to call a date hotline.
- Peggy tells Marcy that Al's standard underwear is a 3 pack of Hanes white briefs size 34.
- This is one of the few times that Peggy actually went shopping for food for Al.
- This episode marks the final appearance of Jade, the buxom woman who appears at Gary's Shoe from time to time.
- When Kelly tells Al about how the women in the neighborhood admired his looks, he tells her "If loving me is wrong, they don't want to be right", which is a reference to the 1972 song, "(If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want to Be Right" by Luther Ingram.
- Al compares himself to the British band, The Beatles when he comes back inside after washing the car and tells Peggy about how he felt after the neighborhood women were cheering him on.
- After Peggy mentions that the only women who cheered him on were 3 elderly women, he tells "Hey, that's how Tom Jones started, baby!", in reference to the Las Vegas singer.
- Al sings "Do That to Me One More Time" by Captain & Tennille while washing a car.
- Bundy Living Room / Kitchen
- Shoe Store
- Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? at the Internet Movie Database
- Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? on Bundyology
- Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? - Transcript on albundy.net
- #90 Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? - MWC Podcast on Horrorphilia