Al, shown here sporting a "maternity" robe, accidentally gets circumcised inin "A Little Off the Top" in Season 8 of MWC.
| Season 8, Episode # 12 |
Number (#169) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Hill Harper|
Terence Paul Winter
|Writer(s)||Michael G. Moye|
|Director||Sam W. Orender|
|Original airdate||December 12, 1993|
|IMDb||A Little Off the Top|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Change For a Buck"||"The Worst Noel"|
A Little Off the Top is the 12th episode of season 8 of Married... with Children, also the 169th overall series episode. Directed by cast member Amanda Bearse and written by Michael G. Moye, it premiered on FOX-TV on December 12, 1993.
Al suffers from a bad back and is taken to the hospital, where, due to a slip-up, instead of a circular incision, he gets a circumcision. The family tries their best to keep him away from getting aroused. Meanwhile Marcy has a great time making fun of Al.
Al is injured playing baseball with his friends, and ends up in the hospital needing surgery. Due to a mix-up at the hospital, however, Al ends up receiving a circumcision.
- Hill Harper as Aaron Mitchell
- Ron Perkins as Doctor
- Mark Clayman as Jay
- Terence Paul Winter as Waiter (as Terence Winter)
- Don Maxwell as Dad
- The title of this episode is a reference to the phrase used for a haircut.
- This episode was possibly influenced from an earlier rough draft from season 4 of MWC that was rejected by FOX due to the backlash from the Rakolta Boycott.
- The exercise equipment Peg and Marcy use at the beginning of the episode is the Thighmaster.
- When Bud enters the basement to hide the magazines, the moment we hear the thump of his "fall", the wall lamp next to the basement door almost falls down.
- Peggy mentions that she always licks her fingers when she turns the page in a magazine. She can also be seen doing so in "Father Lode".
- The song Bad to the Bone (song) can be heard towards the end of the episode.