Al tries to make it up to Peggy with a gift.
| Season 11, Episode # 14 |
Number (#249) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Lisa Robin Kelly|
Gerry del Sol
|Writer(s)||Eric Abrams & Matthew Berry|
|Director||Mark K. Samuels|
|Taping date||January 17, 1997|
|Original airdate||February 24, 1997|
|IMDb||Breaking Up Is Easy to Do (Part 1)|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"T*R*A*S*H"||"Breaking Up Is Easy to Do (Part 2)"|
Peggy and Al together visit a marriage counselor - but wind up leaving separately. Meanwhile, Kelly fights in the ring for a part in a boxing movie.
Bud gets Kelly a new acting gig, where she has to compete with Heather, her nemesis. They end up challenging each other to a boxing match. After a lot of training she beats Heather. When Al-Peggy lose badly in a "Know Your Spouse Board Game" against Marcy-Jefferson and Griff-His girlfriend, they decide to see a marriage counselor on Marcy-Jefferson's suggestion. They fight and break up.
- Lisa Robin Kelly as Heather
- Jake Johannsen as Dr. H. Longo
- Kellie Beals as Nancy
- Gerry del Sol as Referee
- The episode title is inspired by the song "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do" by Neil Sedaka.
- Parts 1 and 2 were originally shown as a one-hour episode.
- Peggy's birthday is given as April 12.
- The taping of this episode was delayed after an earlier, more serious draft of the script was deemed unsuitable. Earlier drafts of the script featured Al instigating the break-up after Peggy admits that she lied about being pregnant to make him commit to marrying her.
- "Breaking Up is Easy to Do" was initially planned as a two-part story.
- Peggy quotes from Gloria Gaynor's song I will survive.