Marcy tries to get past "the Bundy Rule" at Troy's.
| Season 2, Episode # 6 |
Number (#19) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||LaRue Stanley|
Joey D. Vieira
Yvonne de La Paix (uncredited)
|Writer(s)|| Tracy Gamble|
|Taping date||September 18, 1987|
|Original airdate||October 18, 1987|
|IMDb||Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Part 2)|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Part 1)"||"For Whom the Bell Tolls"|
While Al discovers that Peg has been spending her time (and his money) at the male strip club, Marcy struggles not to tell Steve where her wedding ring is, until the male dancer Marcy was with comes to their door to bring it back.
To be added.
- Ed O'Neill as Al Bundy
- Katey Sagal as Peggy Bundy
- Christina Applegate as Kelly Bundy
- David Faustino as Bud Bundy
- Amanda Bearse as Marcy Rhoades
- David Garrison as Steve Rhoades
- LaRue Stanley as Fanny
- Charlotte Crossley as Louise
- Judy Kain as Sheila
- Lisa Kahofer as Wanda
- Joey D. Vieira as Ernest
- Richard Brose as Bouncer
- Doug Donatelli as Construction Worker
- Christopher Whalley as Cowboy
- Michael Christian as Skippy (as Mike Christian)
- Steve Guri as Mervyn
- Nick Montgomery as Leon
- George Solomon as Announcer (voice only)
- Bill Hufsey as Zorro (as Billy Hufsey)
- Yvonne de La Paix as Overheated Patron (uncredited)
- Lynne Lerner as Friend (uncredited)
- Marcy: Listen, we've gotta get backstage.
- Peggy: Yeah. We gotta get something out of Zorro's pants.
- Bouncer: That old story again, Mrs. Bundy?
- Marcy: But this is an emergency.
- Bouncer: Yeah, right. Look, lady, we used to let women backstage until the big riot. Now nobody's allowed back there. We call it the Bundy rule.
- Marcy: Steve is gonna go crazy. My wedding ring is gone forever.
- Peggy: Oh Marcy, calm down. Men don't notice things like that.
- Marcy: Not Steven. He notices everything. Do you know what we do in bed sometimes?
- Peggy: Yeah. Bud tells us.
- Al: Oh by the way. If my wife should happen to lose anything down your pants, so will you.
- Al: Oh, uh, Big Red. You know, I've been thinking. Remember about a month ago, one night when you came back from, uh... swapping recipes... strangely, how could I say? Uh, horny as a toad. That day I gave you some money to have the brakes on my car fixed. Do I have any brakes on my car, Peg?
- Peggy: No, Al.
- Al: And remember you told me that the kids needed some money for a school project? We don't really sponsor a Korean family, do we, Peg?
- Peggy: No, Al.
- "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" is a famous song by Cyndi Lauper.
- Part 1 and 2 of this episode were originally shown as a one-hour episode.
- In the original script this episode was not meant to be a two-parter.
- Tracy Gamble, who co-wrote this two-parter, went on to create the ABC sitcom 8 Simple Rules, in which Katey Sagal plays the main character Cate Hennessy.
- Richard Vaczy, who co-wrote this two-parter, later executive produced an episode of Matrimonio con hijos, the Spanish remake of Married... with Children and all episodes of Schastlivy vmeste (Счастливы вместе), the Russian remake.
- Peggy dubs Al "Speedy Gonzales" when she tells Marcy that she slept with him. Speedy Gonzales is an animated cartoon character from the Looney Toons, portrayed as "The Fastest Mouse in all Mexico".
- Peggy mentions that Bud saw Marcy and Steve role-playing as Little Bo Peep and The Cop. Little Bo Peep is a character from a nursery rhyme, typically pictured as wearing a pink and white dress and holding a shepherd's crook.
- Troy's Nightclub
- Bundy Living Room/Kitchen
- Steve & Marcy's Bedroom
- When sitting on sofa with Marcy, Peg's necklace falls beneath her red blouse. It remains under in most shots, but in the last shot it is outside her shirt.
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Part 2) at the Internet Movie Database
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Part 2) on Bundyology
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Final Draft Script on albundy.net
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Part 2) - Transcript on albundy.net
- #18 Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - MWC Podcast on Horrorphilia
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.