Al becomes jealous when Peg all of a sudden becomes the sexy billboard girl at the New Market Mall, and men start ogling at her in "Honey, I Blew Up Myself" in Season 8 of MWC.
| Season 8, Episode # 15 |
Number (#172) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Hill Harper |
Michael Anthony Vaccaro
|Director||Sam W. Orender|
|Original airdate||January 23, 1994|
|IMDb||Honey, I Blew Up Myself|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Sofa So Good"||"How Green Was My Apple"|
Honey, I Blew Up Myself is the 15th episode of season 8 of Married... with Children, also the 172nd overall series episode. Directed by cast member Sam W. Orender and written by Wayne Kline, it premiered on FOX-TV on January 23, 1994.
Peg gets a boudoir photo of herself taken as a birthday present to Al, which gets blown up to billboard size and posted next to the shoe store, where Al becomes jealous of all the men who find Peg attractive. He finally turns to Marcy's women group for help. Bud & Kelly try to find a perfect birthday gift for Al and end up buying stuff he already has and hates.
On Al's 45th birthday, Peggy decides to give him a sexy photo of herself to hang in the shoe store. But the photographer decides to hang it in a huge blow up version of the same photo on a giant billboard in the mall outside the store. Naturally, this cannot be tolerated so Al, who becomes jealous and angry that the all of a sudden local sex symbol Peg has been getting from ogling men roaming about the New Market Mall, enlists the help of Marcy's feminist group F.A.N.G. (Feminists Against Neanderthal Guys), NO MA'AM's nemisis counterpart, to destroy the offending image. Meanwhile, Kelly and Bud can't seem to get the right gift for Al.
- Amanda Bearse as Marcy D'Arcy (credit only)
- Ted McGinley as Jefferson D'Arcy
- Buck the Dog as Buck Bundy
- Hill Harper as Aaron Mitchell
- Tom Silardi as Dabbs
- Winifred Freedman as Enid
- Michael Lowry as Sloan
- Michael Anthony Vaccaro as Patrick
- The title of this episode is a reference to the 1992 film Honey, I Blew Up the Kid.
- Al mentions to Aaron that once women know you are jealous, they've got you by your "bobbit". This is a reference to the 1993 incident involving John Bobbit, where his wife Lorena severed his penis off with a knife while he slept.