Al's philosophy - Money ($) - Happiness.
| Season 2, Episode # 3 |
Number (#16) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||George Solomon (uncredited)|
|Writer(s)|| Sandy Sprung|
|Taping date||September 4, 1987|
|Original airdate||October 4, 1987|
|IMDb||If I Were a Rich Man|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Poppy's by the Tree (Part 2)"||"Buck Can Do It"|
When Steve's bank is suddenly short one million dollars after Steve and Al spend an evening in its vault, Steve and the rest of the Bundys assume that Al stole it and that, therefore, they are rich.
To be added.
- Ed O'Neill as Al Bundy
- Katey Sagal as Peggy Bundy
- Christina Applegate as Kelly Bundy
- David Faustino as Bud Bundy
- Amanda Bearse as Marcy Rhoades
- David Garrison as Steve Rhoades
- George Solomon as Announcer (voice only) (uncredited)
- "If I Were a Rich Man" is a song from the 1964 musical Fiddler on the Roof.
- This is the time Steve's workplace is shown.
- After Marcy hugs and kisses Steve, he mentions to Al that that is how they got Dillinger. John Dillinger was an American gangster in the Depression-era United States. He was betrayed by a woman who, like Marcy in this scene, wore a red dress, which indicated her and Dillinger's identity to the FBI. He died in Chicago in 1934.
- Bundy Living Room/Kitchen
- The Leading Bank of Chicago
- Bank Vault
- When Al is reading the paper at the kitchen table, Peggy, Kelly and Bud are sitting on the couch. When Al speaks to them, Bud is standing next to the desk behind the couch.
- If I Were a Rich Man at the Internet Movie Database
- If I Were a Rich Man on Bundyology
- If I Were a Rich Man - First Draft Script on albundy.net
- If I Were a Rich Man - Transcript on albundy.net
- #16 If I Were a Rich Man - MWC Podcast on Horrorphilia
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.