Peggy asks Al to show him the bank book.
| Season 4, Episode # 11 |
Number (#68) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Don Sparks|
Thomas Ian Nichols
|Writer(s)|| Ron Leavitt|
Michael G. Moye
|Original airdate||December 17, 1989|
|IMDb||It's a Bundyful Life (Part 1)|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"At the Zoo"||"It's a Bundyful Life (Part 2)"|
Al has finally saved up some cash to buy his family Christmas presents this year. Unfortunately, a mob of late customers in the shoe store prevents him from getting to the bank in time and retrieving the money he needs.
To be added.
- Ed O'Neill as Al Bundy
- Katey Sagal as Peggy Bundy
- Christina Applegate as Kelly Bundy
- David Faustino as Bud Bundy
- Amanda Bearse as Marcy Rhoades
- David Garrison as Steve Rhoades
- Don Sparks as Santa Claus
- Ann Nelson as Elderly Woman
- Trevor Eyster as Franklin (as Tim Eyster)
- Kate Romero as Midge
- Kristeen Buxton as Denise
- Thomas Ian Nicholas as Bobby
- Eve Smith as Mom
- It's a Bundyful Life is a play on the title of the 1946 classic Christmas movie It's a Wonderful Life, which this episode parodies.
- Fox re-aired this episode two-parter on December 15, 2003, the same year that the Married... with Children Reunion special was aired, making it a rare occurrence in which a classic TV show re-airs on its parent network after being canceled.
- On the Married... with Children Podcast this is the first two-parter to get two separate podcast episodes.
- When Al puts his feet up, he has a noticeable hole in his shoe.
- The whole two-parter is a parody on the 1946 classic Christmas movie It's a Wonderful Life.
- The song that plays in the beginning of the episode and during the end credits is "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas".
- The Christmas carolers can be heard singing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas".
- The music playing in Marcy's bank is an instrumental version of "Deck the Halls" by Mannheim Steamroller.
- Bundy Living Room/Kitchen
- Al & Peggy's Bedroom
- Shoe Store
- When Steve and Marcy come to the Bundys, to wish them a merry Christmas, Bud is "stealing" Marcy's wedding ring from her right hand; later when Marcy asks who has it, she looks at her left hand, where the ring supposedly was.
- One of the partying bank employees is handing the already dead drunk Marcy another drink - but the glass has clearly not very much in it.
- Al says he was gonna pick up the money at he bank the next morning. But when he tries to go there to pick it up ( before being held up by the old ladies) it's afternoon.
- It's a Bundyful Life (Part 1) at the Internet Movie Database
- It's a Bundyful Life (Part 1) on Bundyology
- It's a Bundyful Life (Part 1) - Transcript on albundy.net
- #69 It's a Bundyful Life (Part 1) - MWC Podcast on Horrorphilia
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.