The Bundys vacation at Lake Michigan -- where the beach babes in bikini ogling Bud gets "claimed" by "his girlfriend" -- a little girl -- in "Life's a Beach" in Season 3 of MWC.
| Season 3, Episode # 21 |
Number (#56) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Morgan Brittany|
|Writer(s)||Ralph R. Farquhar|
|Original airdate||May 14, 1989|
|IMDb||Life's a Beach|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"The Computer Show"|| "Here's Lookin' at You, Kid" |
(Season 3 finale)
Taking some inspiration from Steve & Marcy, The Bundys spend a family day at the beach.
Michael Faustino, David Faustino's younger brother, makes another guest appearance.
Full episode summaryEdit
Al is inspired by an episode of Eight Is Enough to spend more time with his family by taking them to the beach, but the experience doesn't turn out as ideally as he envisioned it. Seeking a tad more family togetherness, Al declares, "Bundy Day at the Beach", on which he takes the family to a local beach on Lake Michigan, where Bud and Kelly compete with each other to find some dates for themselves, while an old flame, named Marilyn Beamis (played by Morgan Brittany), finds Al. Meanwhile, Steve attempts to evade responsibility after causing a traffic accident. When the Rhoades need to avoid the other driver in a fender bender they had, everyone -- The Bundys and the Rhoadeses -- all head to the beach! Bud gets a girlfriend, or at least that's the way she sees herself.
Recurring cast/Guest starsEdit
- Morgan Brittany as Marilyn Beamis
- Candace Hutson as Tina (as Candy Hutson)
- Brice Alan as Chris
- Peter Steinfeld as Lifeguard (as Pete Steinfeld)
- Christi Allen aa Lucy
- Sandra Alexander as Wendy
- Amber Susa as Jill
- Gary Mauro as Mark
- Tracy Burton as Sandy
- Marilyn Pitzer as Betsy
- Michael Faustino as Kid #1
- Marcy Austin as Luana
- Saman as Beach Boy
- The title for this episode is a reference to the saying "Life's a Bitch"
- Marcy confirms that this episode takes place somewhere in May, as she said that she and Steve have a tradition of going to the beach on the first sunny day in May.
- Steve indicates that he has faked whiplash before to get out of trouble following a car accident.
- Steve mentions that he was with some sort of skin yellowing condition which eventually cleared up.
- After Peggy begins sniffing around for money in Steve's envelope, Kelly says "Hey, I hope it's a G-spot" instead of "10 spot" (a term for a ten-dollar bill) as Peggy points out afterward.
- Kelly's line was cut out from the syndicated version, but remains intact in the DVD release.
- Marcy and Steve's Mercedes-Benz is named "Klaus".
- Al and Peggy didn't realize that Kelly's birthday was the day before this episode took place and had to rely on Bud and Kelly to confirm it. A similar incident happens later in season seven's "Movie Show" where they forgot about her birthday again until she reminds them about it.
- Al mentions watching the show Eight Is Enough.
- After Al jokes about grabbing one of Marcy's legs to make a wish, Steve refers to himself as Colonel Sanders and Marcy tells him "Baby, you do chicken right".
- This is reference to Colonel Harland Sanders, the founder of fast food chain, Kentucky Fried Chicken, and its slogan "We Do Chicken Right" which was used from 1981 until 1991.
- Bud calls himself "Bud Bon Jovi" while taking to a girl, in reference to the singer Jon Bon Jovi.
- Bundy Residence
- Bundy Living Room / Kitchen
- Bud points out that Kelly's birthday was the day before this episode took place, indicating that she was born in May. This would contradict her birthday listed as November 27, 1971 as well as her stating that she was born in February (and claiming to be an "aquarium" instead of Aquarius) in season 4's "Peggy Turns 300".
- When Steve tries to hold Marcy back after Al makes a chicken joke, David Garrison appears to struggle to keep his laughter in. The camera then switches to Al who is still smiling while looking at them and appears to be waiting for the next line before Steve is shown again with a more serious look .
- After Bud pulls Kelly aside to hear the ocean through her head, the studio lights are clearly reflected on his sunglasses.
- Life's a Beach at the Internet Movie Database
- Life's a Beach on Bundyology
- Life's a Beach - Transcript on albundy.net
- #57 Life's a Beach - MWC Podcast on Horrorphilia