Peg uses Kelly's Home Economics class project after a hungry Al devours hers in "Peggy Made a Little Lamb" in Season 4 of MWC.
| Season 4, Episode # 20 |
Number (#77) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Marge Redmond|
Patrick J. Dancy
Chuck E. Weiss
|Writer(s)||Ellen L. Fogle|
|Taping date||March 9, 1990|
|Original airdate||April 15, 1990|
|IMDb||Peggy Made a Little Lamb|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Peggy Turns 300"||"Raingirl"|
Peggy tries to earn her G.E.D. with Kelly in night school.
While going through her high school memorabilia, Peggy discovers that she never passed Home Economics class in high school and must make up the lost credit by going to Kelly's Home Economics class. Peggy is soon asked to make a Rack of Lamb for her finals. Kelly now has to attend summer school in order to graduate when Peggy steals her project, a gelatin dish, after the long-starving-for-a-decent-dinner Al eats the Rack of Lamb for dinner!
Recurring cast/Guest starsEdit
- Marge Redmond as Mrs. Beyer
- Patrick J. Dancy as Ruben
- Zoe Trilling as Susan (as Geri Betzler)
- Keely Christian as Senior #1
- Sandi Whitten as Senior #2
- Chuck E. Weiss as Bum
- The title of this episode is a reference to the children's song " Mary Had a Little Lamb"
- The recipe for Cinnamon Toast on the board reads:
- Ingredients: Bread, 1 tbls - butter, 1 tbls - powdered cinnamon, 1 tsp - sugar
- Turn on Toaster, set the temperature to 125 for aprox 4 min. watch closely as not to burn it you want it to be just the right crispness. Using real butter is very important. Don't forget the butter.
- This episode marks the final appearance of Chuck E. Weiss as the Bum who would randomly appear during a Bundy's moment of depression during season 4.
- This is the very first time we hear the inner voice of Buck.
- Al reveals that his diploma hangs above the work desk in the living room.
- At the beginning of the episode, Kelly asks Peggy for a tattoo or a nose ring for her senior portrait.
- Kelly had previously mentioned that she asked for a nose ring in "Tooth or Consequences".
- In the later seasons of MWC, Christina Applegate's ankle tattoo can be clearly seen in some shots.
- Peggy reveals that her mom has the words, "Love" and "Hate" tattooed above her breasts, in order to discourage Kelly from getting a tattoo on her upper body.
- When Al and the kids make fun of Peg by reading the title of one of the shows in the TV Guide, the show he tells her about is Goober Goes to Town, a reference to The Andy Griffith Show character, Goober Pyle.
- When Peg enters Kelly's class, she says "Of all the Home Ec classes in all the cities in all the world, she has to walk into mine". This is a reference to a line from the 1942 film Casablanca
- Peg mentions a show called Battle of the Luckiest Men Alive featuring Gavin MacLeod and Joe Piscopo.
- Gavin MacLeod is an actor best known for his roles during the 1970s and 1980s on The Mary Tyler Moore Show and The Love Boat, which featured Ted McGinley.
- Joe Piscopo is an actor and comedian who is best known for being a member of the NBC late night variety show, Saturday Night Live during the early 1980s. He would be referenced on MWC multiple times throughout its run.
- Bundy Living Room / Kitchen
- Home Economics Classroom
- The song that plays when Peg works in the kitchen to make the rack of lamb is "Working in the Coal Mine" by Lee Dorsey.
- How did Peg not know she did not graduate? She didn't march with a cap and gown with her classmates? At the very least, she would have been notified multiple times beforehand about being in danger of failing. Plus, even if she chose not to march with her class, or missed graduation, Peg didn't once open the envelope to see her diploma after all those years?
- The teacher isn't good at keeping track, since Peg had the lamb, and Kelly had the Jello, but the next day their projects are switched and she let Peg get away with turning in another student ( Kelly) assignment.
- Kelly and Peggy spend eight hours making Jell-O and rack of lamb which are significantly longer times that most people would spend on those dishes. Jell-O typically takes about 3-5 minutes to mix the water and powder together and then it is usually set 2-3 hours after refrigeration. Rack of lamb would require less than an hour of roasting in the oven.
- Around 3:30am, Peggy is trying to plate her rack of lamb and then faints. Meanwhile, Kelly pulls out the wet box of Jell-O floating in the mix. When 4am comes around, her Jell-O is perfectly set and cut up. As stated above, Jell-O takes about 2-3 hour of chilling in the refrigerator before it is set and ready to consume. Yet it was clearly sitting out in the warm kitchen until 3:30am.
- Peggy Made a Little Lamb at the Internet Movie Database
- Peggy Made a Little Lamb on Bundyology
- Peggy Made a Little Lamb - Transcript on albundy.net
- #78 Peggy Made a Little Lamb - MWC Podcast on Horrorphilia