Kelly and her cheerleader girlfriends vie for the affections of the Polk High football star, who sets to break all of Al's records.
| Season 3, Episode # 3 |
Number (#38) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Beau Dremann|
|Writer(s)|| Pamela Wick|
|Taping date||November 11, 1988|
|Original airdate||November 27, 1988|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"I'm Going to Sweatland"||"The Camping Show"|
Al tries to keep a Polk High School football player from breaking his football record while Kelly tries to get a date with him during a game.
To be added.
- Ed O'Neill as Al Bundy
- Katey Sagal as Peggy Bundy
- Christina Applegate as Kelly Bundy
- David Faustino as Bud Bundy
- Amanda Bearse as Marcy Rhoades
- David Garrison as Steve Rhoades
- Buck the dog as Buck Bundy (uncredited)
- Beau Dremann as Matt
- Cynthia Songé as Ms. Mount
- Ria Pavia as Kitty
- Carey Eidel as Mr. Groggs
- Gregory White as Coach (as Greg White)
- Alan Bates as Football Player (uncredited)
- Frank Foti Jr. as Referee (uncredited)
- Kelly: I can't believe it. I've failed.
- Al: Which class was it this time?
- Kelly: Oh daddy, I'm not talking about school. Why would I care about that?
- The episode title is a play on the Bundys' high school "James K. Polk High" as Kelly spells it in the episode.
- The Bundy phone number is displayed to be 555-2878.
- The Polk High Dots are playing their rivals, The Chester A. Arthur Aryans who come from the "rich, white neighborhood" as Al tells Steve. "Aryan" is a common word in white power terminology and two of the Aryans players name announced are "Himmler" and "Rommel", referring to Heinrich Himmler and Erwin "The Desert Fox" Rommel.
- The rival high school is named after the 21st U.S. President, Chester A. Arthur
- This was the first Fox airing with a share of more than 25.
- Peggy has a phone call with Reverend Felcher who was Archie Bunker's minister in All in the Family.
- Bud is shown to help Matt with the novel Of Mice and Men.
- Matt mistakes George from the novel Of Mice and Men with Squiggy from the T.V. series Laverne & Shirley. David Lander, who played Squiggy, appeared on MWC as Eli, in Married... with Queen Part II
- Al is mistakenly referred to as former Chicago Bears halfback Red Grange.
- Al states I'm going to Disneyland, a slogan used in advertisements for the theme park usually featuring the Super Bowl MVP saying the line after winning the game.
- The song played throughout the game is On Wisconsin!, the theme song for the Wisconsin Badgers at the University of Wisconsin.
- Bundy Living Room/Kitchen
- Polk High Football Field
- As of this episode it's hinted that Bud is in high school with Kelly, despite him being in 5th grade in season 1, and this is season 3.
- Poke High at the Internet Movie Database
- Poke High on Bundyology
- Poke High - First Draft Script on albundy.net
- Poke High - Transcript on Springfield! Springfield!
- #39 Poke High - MWC Podcast on Horrorphilia
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.