Al is at the center of unwanted attention as the Bundy's wedding anniversary arrives in "Sixteen Years and What Do You Get" in Season 1 of MWC.
| Season 1, Episode # 6 |
Number (#6) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Walter Olkewicz|
|Writer(s)|| Katherine Green|
|Original airdate||May 10, 1987|
|IMDb||Sixteen Years and What Do You Get?|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Have You Driven a Ford Lately?"||"Married... without Children"|
To be added.
- Ed O'Neill as Al Bundy
- Katey Sagal as Peggy Bundy
- Christina Applegate as Kelly Bundy
- David Faustino as Bud Bundy
- Amanda Bearse as Marcy Rhoades
- David Garrison as Steve Rhoades
- Walter Olkewicz as Violinist (Bobo)
- Don Draper as Salesman
- Elias Zarou as Marcel
- Richard Sanders as Mr. Conner
- Peggy: Well, I'm going out to get him something. Gee, what is it he's really wanting?
- Bud: That blonde down the street.
- Peggy: Did he tell you that?
- Bud: No, I just assumed it by the way he bites his fist every time he drives by her house.
- Al: See, you're obviously new to the married game. Let me help you out. See, the first thing I learned on my sixteen-year tour of duty, was that women live for presents. Now, you take the most honorary woman in the world, let's call her... Peggy, and you bring a crappy present home, like uh, that picture frame, your life will be a living hell.
- Mr. Conner: Well, my wife and I agreed we wouldn't spend too much on our anniversary. We decided to save our money for more important things.
- Al: There is no more important thing than your anniversary. See, an anniversary is something special. It's not like other holidays when other people are celebrating too, it's just between the two of ya. See, it's, it's a day when you can show how you feel the rest of the year, but you don't. 'Cause you're a man.
- Peggy: Would you like me to make you some soup for your lunch tomorrow?
- Al: Nah, it's okay. Last time I cut my hand on the can.
- The episode title is a play on the lyrics "You load sixteen tons, what do you get? Another day older and deeper in debt" from the song "Sixteen Tons" by Tennessee Ernie Ford.
- Peggy's license plate is Illinois F3B 359; it has previously appeared on the Mustang in Al's dream in "Have You Driven A Ford Lately?".
- This episode marks the first appearance of Tang (Tri-C in this case).
- The song that plays on the radio and Al & Peg call 'their' song is "War" by Edwin Starr.
- Bundy Living Room/Kitchen
- Jewelry Store
- Sixteen Years and What Do You Get? at the Internet Movie Database
- Sixteen Years and What Do You Get on Bundyology
- Sixteen Years and What Do You Get - Illustrated Transcript on albundy.net
- #06 Sixteen Years and What Do You Get - MWC Podcast on Horrorphilia
|Season 1 Episodes||Season 2 ►|
| Pilot • Thinnergy • But I Didn't Shoot the Deputy • Whose Room Is It Anyway • |
Have You Driven a Ford Lately? • Sixteen Years and What Do You Get? • Married... without Children •
The Poker Game • Peggy Sue Got Work • Al Loses His Cherry • Nightmare on Al's Street •
Where's the Boss? • Johnny Be Gone
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.