Steve and Al talk about their mutual concern about hair loss.
| Season 3, Episode # 7 |
Number (#42) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Graham Jarvis|
Henry G. Sanders
|Writer(s)|| Jules Dennis|
|Taping date||December 16, 1988|
|Original airdate||January 29, 1989|
|IMDb||The Bald and the Beautiful|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Her Cups Runneth Over"||"The Gypsy Cried"|
Steve thinks he's going bald after he finds a newspaper clipping for an anti-baldness cure given to him by Marcy. He therefore joins a club for bald and balding men, taking Al with him.
To be added.
- Ed O'Neill as Al Bundy
- Katey Sagal as Peggy Bundy
- Christina Applegate as Kelly Bundy
- David Faustino as Bud Bundy
- Amanda Bearse as Marcy Rhoades
- David Garrison as Steve Rhoades
- Buck the dog as Buck Bundy (uncredited)
- Graham Jarvis as Lance
- Henry G. Sanders as Murray
- Jim Maniaci as Jim
- Therese Kablan as Crystal
- Kay Wolf as Amber
To be added.
- The title of this episode is a reference to the long-running CBS soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful.
- When Al starts to list off famous bald people, the men he mention are:
- Steve and Al mention the 1980 movie The Elephant Man.
- Al mentions to the ladies at the store that he would have on the box of Wheaties if it wasn't for his bum knee. Wheaties is a brand of breakfast cereal that typically features athletes on the front of the box.
- Marcy tells Peggy that Steve took her to "an Elmer Fudd retrospective" for their date night, referring to the WB cartoon character. Al would later parody Fudd's mannerisms in season 5 "Wabbit Season".
- Bundy Living Room/Kitchen
- Shoe Store
- Al and Steve are using Dr Fur for growing hair. After using it, Steve says it was recalled. Later in the show, Peg says she is going to the store to buy Dr Fur because it was the only thing that Buck would eat. If it was recalled it wouldn't be available to buy at the store anymore.
- At the end of this episode, there is a typo in the credits: "Directed by" is written twice, as it inserted inside the yellow box that contains the director's name in addition to being in their proper place outside the box
- The Bald and the Beautiful at the Internet Movie Database
- The Bald and the Beautiful on Bundyology
- The Bald and the Beautiful - Final Draft Script on albundy.net
- The Bald and the Beautiful - Transcript on albundy.net
- #44 The Bald and the Beautiful - MWC Podcast on Horrorphilia
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.