The (de)evolution of the classic Bundy pose in the episode "Thinnergy".
| Season 1, Episode # 2 |
Number (#2) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Ritch Shydner|
|Writer(s)|| Ron Leavitt|
Michael G. Moye
|Original airdate||April 12, 1987|
|← Previous||Next →|
| "Pilot" |
|"But I Didn't Shoot the Deputy"|
To be added.
- Ed O'Neill as Al Bundy
- Katey Sagal as Peggy Bundy
- Christina Applegate as Kelly Bundy
- David Faustino as Bud Bundy
- Amanda Bearse as Marcy Rhoades
- David Garrison as Steve Rhoades
- Peggy: You know, if a maniac broke in this house right now and shot me dead, Al wouldn't even know.
- Al: I'd know.
- Marcy: Peggy, what would you say if I told you I had the answers to all of your problems?
- Peggy: I don't know. I bought one of those and it's just not the same.
- Al: Your wife gave my wife a book. Now my life is hell.
- Steve: Ah... Thinnergy.
- Al: Yeah, that's the one. Does Marcy hate me that much?
- Steve: Well, yes Al, she does.
- Al: Let me tell you something. Now just 'cause I don't go to bed with you, doesn't mean I don't love ya! I mean, let's face it, even if you were beautiful, like that girl on TV, I'd still ignore ya. 'Cause you're my wife!
- Thinnergy is the title of the diet book Marcy gives to Peggy and a combination of the words "thinness" and "energy".
- Steve mentions to Al that he got him into trouble with Marcy before, referencing the previous episode.
- Bud mentions that Kelly was held back a grade in school.
- This is the first time Al's classic alone-on-the-couch posture begins to show itself.
- This is the first time Peggy makes a vibrator/masturbation joke.
- This is the first time Al and Peggy's bedroom is shown.
- Oak Street Beach is an actual beach located on North Lake Shore Drive in Chicago, IL, on the shore of Lake Michigan.
- Johnny Carson was a famous American late night show host from 1962 to 1992.
- Peggy sings "I'm in the Mood for Love" by Frances Langford, "Honey" by Bobby Goldsboro, "I Am Woman" by Helen Reddy and "Dominique" by The Singing Nun.
- Bundy Living Room/Kitchen
- Al & Peggy's Bedroom
- Shoe Store
- Peggy says "it's been 16 years" referring to her marriage with Al (since they certainly dated for longer than a year before they got married) but they do not celebrate their 16th anniversary until a few episodes later in "Sixteen Years and What Do You Get?".
- Peg is pulling back the sheets of the bed and finds one of Al's socks. She picks it up and throws it up in the air, but we never see the sock come back down. She likely threw it over the wall of the set.
- Peggy has to laugh when Al feeds her in bed.
- Peggy tells Al that it has been a long time since they last slept with each other but they only just had sex the episode before.
- Thinnergy at the Internet Movie Database
- Thinnergy on Bundyology
- Thinnergy - Illustrated Transcript on albundy.net
- #02 Thinnergy - MWC Podcast on Horrorphilia
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.