Al shows of one Kelly's dates, whose looks which he disapproves of the usual -- the door, face first -- in "Tooth or Consequences" in Season 4 of MWC.
| Season 4, Episode # 4 |
Number (#61) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Joe Flaherty|
|Writer(s)|| Michael G. Moye & Ron Leavitt (story) |
Sheldon Krasner & David Sailing (teleplay)
|Original airdate||October 1, 1989|
|IMDb||Tooth or Consequences|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Buck Saves the Day"||"He Ain't Much, But He's Mine"|
Al gets a toothache and goes to a dentist, who is bitter over his wife divorcing him.
A toothache forces Al to see Marcy's dentist, a divorced man that devotes as much of his time to his work as he does to his young female dental assistant, who's ironically named T.C. At the same time, Al pressers Peggy to cook a square meal for him for just one day. Al has never been to the dentist before. When he complains of a toothache, everybody including neighbor Marcy insists that he goes to the dentist. He can't even enjoy a drink of beer. When he is in the dentist's office, he takes a balloon and stuffed animal to comfort him. The sexy blonde dental assistant, played by Traci Lords, who is also the dentist's girlfriend, asks for the stuffed animal back. Al refuses. When the dentist played by SCTV alumnus Joe Flaherty, gets a look at his mouth, he is stunned to see a lot of things. The dentist reassures him that he can do all of it. In fact, he gets his dental assistant to videotape Al's mouth so they know it's human.
Recurring cast/Guest starsEdit
- Joe Flaherty as Dr. Plierson
- Traci Lords as T.C.
- Scott Garrison as Bill
- Charlotte Crossley as Louise
- Neighbor: [off-screen] Hey, Bundy! I'm having steak tonight. What are you having?
- Al: If I was the mailman, I'd be having your wife!
- Al: Ah, Home sweet hell...
- Steve: Uh excuse me but doesn't anybody know this is against the law?
- Al: So is dressing up a chicken and calling it your wife.
- Marcy: I am not a chicken. Why does he keep calling me a chicken?!
- Steve: Now, Marcy, don't get your feathers ruffled.
- The title of this episode is a reference to the game show Truth or Consequences
- Peggy mentions that Al works 10 hours a day at Gary's Shoes & Accessories for Today's Woman.
- The yellow shirt that Bud wears at the beginning is the same shirt he wears during the couch gag in the opening credits.
- Traci Lords, who played T.C. in this episode, would later play Vanessa Van Pelt in the season 6 episode, "Al Bundy, Shoe Dick".
- Kelly mentions that she wanted to get a nose ring, but her parents didn't want to let her get one.
- Al asks Peggy is she had a one night stand with the comedic duo Abbott and Costello.
- Bundy Residence
- Dr. Plierson's office
- Bundy Living Room / Kitchen
- Dental office
- When Al arrives home and a neighbor calls out to him, if you look at the reflection on the window behind Al, someone with a white piece of paper walking across the set can be clearly seen just before the camera cuts in closely on Al's face.
- Tooth or Consequences at the Internet Movie Database
- Tooth or Consequences on Bundyology
- Tooth or Consequences - Transcript on albundy.net
- #62 Tooth or Consequences - MWC Podcast on Horrorphilia