Peg resorts to acting like a true mom when Kelly picks her to appear at Polk High's Parents Day.
|Season 3, Episode # 12 |
Number (#47) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Tori Ralston|
|Taping date||February 10, 1989|
|Original airdate||February 26, 1989|
|IMDb||My Mom, the Mom|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Eatin' Out"||"Can't Dance, Don't Ask Me"|
My Mom, the Mom is the twelfth episode of Season 3 of the FOX sitcom Married... with Children, as well as the 47th overall episode in the series. Written by Lesa Kite, Cindy Begel and Jan Rosenbloom, the episode was directed by Gerry Cohen and premiered on FOX on February 26, 1989.
To be added.
- Ed O'Neill as Al Bundy
- Katey Sagal as Peggy Bundy
- Christina Applegate as Kelly Bundy
- David Faustino as Bud Bundy
- Amanda Bearse as Marcy Rhoades
- David Garrison as Steve Rhoades
Kelly: You know mom, when I grow up, I wanna be just like you. I wanna do nothing. I wanna be nothing.
Marcy: A lot of times, kids don't come right out and ask what they really want. I know, when I was a young girl I wanted a horse. So I started talking about stirrups. My mother took me to the gynecologist. So, now, whenever I see a western, I have this urge to scootch to the end of the table.
- The title refers to Kelly being proud of Peggy for inspiring other students at Mother-Daughter Career Day.
- Julie Condra, who plays Becky in this episode, would later reappear on MWC in the season 8 episode, Valentine's Day Massacre as Crystal Brooks.
- Teri Weigel, who plays Jade in this episode, was the Playboy centerfold for April, 1986.
- Al reveals that he works on commission, stating that on a $20 sale, his commission is $1.97 and then after taxes, social security and Peggy, he earns a whole nickel for himself.
- Peggy's couch, table and remote control are in the classroom, though it is never explained how they were able to move it there and back to the Bundy household.
- Peggy and the kids sing a modified version of "Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen", an African-American spiritual song that was made famous by Louis Armstrong.
- Bundy Living Room/Kitchen
- High School Classroom
- Shoe Store
- When Bud is at the shoe store with Al, right after Bud says something about the woman with chicken wings, you see the flash from a camera.
- This episode takes place in the winter and there is tons of snow on the ground, yet Jade, the woman in the shoe store comes in dressed like it's summer.
- Who helped Peggy and Kelly bring the couch, coffee table and other items to the school and then back home? Al was at work with Bud and you would need a truck to move the couch and table, which Al doesn't have. Plus, there is no way Peggy and Kelly carried the couch all the way to school and home in the snow no less.
- It seems kind of odd for Bud to keep losing his jackets during the winter, which is the time you really need one, especially in Chicago.
- My Mom, the Mom at the Internet Movie Database
- My Mom, the Mom on Bundyology
- My Mom, the Mom - Final Draft Script on albundy.net
- My Mom, the Mom - Transcript on Springfield! Springfield!
- #49 My Mom, the Mom - MWC Podcast on Horrorphilia