After Peg gives a big announcement that she may be pregnant, Kelly, Al and Bud aren't too thrilled about it in part one of "She's Having My Baby", the Season 6 opener of MWC.
|Season 6, Episode # 1 |
Number (#106) in series (259 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Abraham Benrubi|
|Writer(s)||Ron Leavitt & Michael G. Moye|
|Taping date||August 16, 1991|
|Original airdate||September 8, 1991|
|IMDb||She's Having My Baby (Part 1)|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Buck the Stud"
(Season 5 finale)
|"She's Having My Baby (Part 2)"|
She's Having My Baby, Part 1 was the Season 6 opening episode of Married... with Children, also the 106th overall episode of the series. Directed by Gerry Cohen and written by series co-creators Ron Leavitt and Michael G. Moye, the episode originally aired on FOX, premiering on September 8, 1991.
Part one of two-part story arc. Marcy and Peg announce that they are pregnant. Jefferson is happy and is willing to run chores for Marcy. Meanwhile, Al is devastated and so are Bud and Kelly.
Season 6 opened with a bang in this two-episode story, in which Jefferson and Marcy come over to announce their pregnancy, and Al mocks them, telling them sending Al into pearls of laughter saying that it's the end of Jefferson's life, until Peg tells him they are having a baby too. Jefferson is happy and is willing to run chores for the suddenly expecting Marcy. Meanwhile, Al is devastated at the prospect of having another Bundy mouth to feed on a shoe salesman's salary, and so are Bud and Kelly, who cringe at the prospect of another sibling!
Al begins to lose his hair at an accelerated rate, thinking it's the end of the world for him! Kelly and Bud, who aren't pleased with the news either, begin to take it out on poor sap Al, putting a guilt trip on him saying something like "Dad, How could you do this to us?" In a nightmare sequence, Al dreams that the child they have is a 300-pound monster (played by Abraham Benrubi, who later appears as Cousin Jimmy in the Season 7 episode "Wedding Repercussions").
Recurring cast/Guest stars
- Cast regulars
- The title of this episode is a reference to the 1988 film "She's Having a Baby".
- For this season, the credits have been slightly revamped for the following cast members:
- Amanda Bearse - Marcy at the Bundys' front entrance, smiling and waving to them before the door is shut on her. She then attempts to look in.
- David Faustino - A shirtless Bud lifting dumbbells in the living room and kissing his biceps. Taken from Wabbit Season.
- Ted McGinley - Credited as a regular cast member, he is drinking at a bar while looking at a pair of legs dancing in front of him.
- In the opening credits for this episode, Ted McGinley is shown looking up at a dancer while accidentally pouring beer on himself. In the opening credits for the rest of season 6, he keeps his beer mug down as he looks up at the dancer.
- This episode had 29.2 Million viewers, making it the most watched MWC episode during its run.
- The giant Baby in Al's fantasy is played by Abraham Benrubi, who would later reappear as Cousin Jimmy in the season 7 episode, "Wedding Repercussions".
- Al finds out that he accidentally got Peggy pregnant after getting drunk and passed out. Peggy reveals that she took advantage of him while he struggled to pull his underwear over his head in his drunken state.
- Al attempts a Whoa Bundy! with the kids, but is ignored.
- After announcing their pregnancy, Jefferson compares himself to former NBA player Michael Jordan, who at the time was playing for the Chicago Bulls.
- Bud sarcastically calls Al "Johnny Appleseed" while the two of them massage Peggy's feet.
- Bundy Residence
- Football Stadium
- Bundy Living Room / Kitchen
- Al & Peggy's Bedroom
- Football Field
- From the beginning of the episode until after Peg reveals that she's pregnant, its very obvious that Ed O'Neill had some sort of fake hair clumps added to his head so he could remove his hair easily after the big news is revealed.
- When Al is caught by the Baby in his fantasy, it's obvious that it's a dummy that being shaken and dangled upside down.
- In this episode, Peggy is depicted as being extremely happy to be pregnant and pleasantly remembers all the things associated with pregnancy and motherhood. Yet, in "And Baby Makes Money", after Al tricks her, she regretted getting pregnant again due to the cleaning and washing, along with the morning sickness and varicose veins as Al pointed out. She also claimed that her life is ruined with the pregnancy and warned Al never to touch her again.
- She's Having My Baby (Part 1) at the Internet Movie Database
- She's Having My Baby (Part 1) on Bundyology
- She's Having My Baby (Part 1) - Transcript on albundy.net
- #106 She's Having My Baby (Part 1) - MWC Podcast on Horrorphilia