The Gypsy Cried is the eighth episode of Season 3 of the FOX sitcom Married... with Children, as well as the 43rd overall episode in the series. Written by Richard Gurman, the episode was directed by Gerry Cohen and premiered on FOX on February 5, 1989.
A psychic sees good things for Steve, Al and Peggy, but tragedy is in the cards for Marcy, who insists that the lucky ones accompany her as insurance on a business flight to New York.
To be added.
- Ed O'Neill as Al Bundy
- Katey Sagal as Peggy Bundy
- Christina Applegate as Kelly Bundy
- David Faustino as Bud Bundy
- Amanda Bearse as Marcy Rhoades
- David Garrison as Steve Rhoades
- Buck the dog as Buck Bundy (uncredited)
- Carmen Zapata as Madame Olga
- F. William Parker as Mr. Vandergelder
- Barbara Alyn Woods as Vicky
- Steve Bean as Fred
- Sandra Wild as Fluffy
- Madame Olga: I feel very strong vibrations here.
- Al: [to Peggy] Did you leave your toy running under the couch again?
- The title of this episode is a reference to the 1962 song of the same name by Lou Christie.
- Bud and Kelly are seen coming with gas cans and mentioned that they siphoned gas from a Rolls Royce at the Rhoades' residence as Al told them to do. In Season 2's "Master the Possibilities", Al made Bud siphon gas from Steve's Mercedez-Benz.
- After Bud declares that he will work solo instead of under Al's directions, Kelly quips "Much like at Love's Lane?". In the Season 2 episode, "The Great Escape", she had mentioned that she knew Bud was "The Masked Lover's Lane Peeper" and that the football team had a bounty on the peeper.
- Sandra Wild, who plays Fluffy, previously appeared in several Playboy specials.
- Al sings "New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra. Marcy also references part of the song after being told that she'll be going to New York.
- The song Al and Peg sing during the trip is "Hey Paula" by Paul and Paula.
- The song Al and Peg sing at the end of the episode is "I Got You Babe" by Sonny and Cher.
- Bundy Residence
- Bundy Living Room/Kitchen
- Just as Peg goes to open the door for the man bringing Al's wallet back, the shadow of a boom mic can be seen on the wall near the front door.
- When Marcy notices a black cat run across the coffee table, the shadow of a crew member can be seen passing by in the lower left corner of the screen just before the black cat runs across the table.
- The Gypsy Cried at the Internet Movie Database
- The Gypsy Cried on Bundyology
- The Gypsy Cried - First Draft Script on albundy.net
- The Gypsy Cried - Transcript on Springfield! Springfield!
- #45 The Gypsy Cried - MWC Podcast on Horrorphilia